13.5.11

Why yes, yes I do live in the nation's capital.

So...it turns out that I have rules concerning the things about which I'm allowed to blog here in the D of C. I'm not allowed to blog about my class, which means, to my eternal chagrin, that I can't brag to Sara and my mother via THE WALDRON DOCTRINE about who I get to meet and hear speak. And we're not talking just while I'm here in Washington...I'm not supposed to talk about it ever. Lame as. WHAT is the point, I ask you, of hearing cool people speak if you can't brag about it?

I am also not really supposed to blog about my job. I'm a little fuzzy on the actual rules, seeing as I haven't asked, but I did sign something that said I needed to be circumspect. Whatever. 

So...since most of my days are taken up by things about which I cannot blog, I have not been a frequent blogger as of late, which, I guess, is nothing new. [this could change soon. i am required to read The Washington Post for my class and will therefore begin to once again be informed about the world in which i live. i'm certain to have opinions to share with my mother and sara on this blog.]

As a result, I think I will blog about what makes the D of C so freaking awesome, besides all the things I can't talk about.

Reasons Why Washington DC is Awesome:

  1. The Barlem. This is what my roommate and I call the Barlow Center [credit actually goes to my roommate's sister. the runner-up nickname was the B-low]. It really is like living in a stake center. Rocking.
  2. Free laundry. No quarters necessary! Love it.
  3. I am the only Melissa on the program. And in my workplace. This hasn't happened since I left the Ohio.
  4. DC is not Provo.
  5. Museums. Millions of them.
  6. More people actually know what they're talking about=meaningful conversations.
  7. Did I mention it's not Provo? 
  8. Cupcakes.
  9. I don't live in a state. Weird.
  10. I have an awesome job.
   11-13. See below.


The WWII Memorial and Washington Monument
The Capitol, as seen from the Washington Monument
The National Cathedral

No comments:

Post a Comment